01 02 03 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot: Guest Post-Shades of Gray 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Guest Post-Shades of Gray

34
So the time has finally come and I am on vacation with my wonderful hubby for two weeks!
A few lovely ladies are going to share their Holiday traditions and stories throughout the week.
They are all amazing and I hope you show them tons of love as usual.

First up is the beautiful Amira, from Shades of Gray



Hello lovely readers of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
I feel so honored to be guest posting today.
If you're the slightest bit like Kristen
I know I'll love you and want to meet you :-)
When I think of my favorite Christmas memory,
the first thing that comes to mind is the year Santa brought me...
an engagement ring.

Brandon and I were spending the holidays in Belgium.
I had no idea that amidst our luggage
a tiny little box lay in wait for me.
A tiny box he had so carefully hidden
that had accompanied us all the way from California.
He told me later it was in his pocket every day.
He was waiting for the right moment.
He decided that moment would be on Christmas
by the small Christmas tree as the snow fell outside.
<3
A few days later in Amsterdam showing off my present ;-)

This Christmas will be our second one as a married couple
and the thought of creating traditions {together} makes me squeal.
One in particular makes me want to have children
{like now}
The Elf on the Shelf.Essentially, the elf is there to see whether kids are being naughty or nice.
Then, he reports his findings back to Santa.
He cannot be touched by children
{or they lose their magical powers and are unable to fly back to the North Pole each night.}
Since elves are mischievous by nature
they can often be found in different spots in the morning.

Here are some ideas from clever parents
{and my personal favorites}


The Elf with the tiny donuts - are actually cheerios with sprinkles!
Genius right?
The Elf in the freezer must miss the North Pole.
And I adore the Elf that's trying to get a piece from Barbie.

Do you have any Elf on the Shelf ideas?
I'm keeping a list for future little Grays.

XO,
Amira

Dont you love her?! This is the type of engagement story all girls dream of! Thank you so much for stopping by Amira! Be sure to grab her button!

Photobucket


35 36 37 38