01 02 03 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot: The Adventures of Mama and Papa Bear-Our Story 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Adventures of Mama and Papa Bear-Our Story

34

Once upon a time in 2004,
this creeper scene kid Kristen met this super cool kid D at the mall.
(how romantic? Nicholas Sparks should have started his books this way)


 From the moment they met, they became the best of friends.
They would share delicious frappucinos together at the mall, watch Harry Potter nonstop,
and build secret forts that only cool kids were invited to. We even named it 'The Cool Kids Club'
and it was an exclusive membership.(we were the only members allowed)
We would lay in bed and listen to super cool metal bands like As I Lay Dying for hours
and talk about lifes greatest mysteries...you know, how many tattoos we wanted, how cool Albus Dumbledore was, and eventually we fell in like.

After a summer of flirting, one day after school on September 6 2004, D took me aside and said
"so do you want to be my girlfriend?" He had such a romantic way with words that I couldnt say no.
So I giggled a 'yes' and he says, "can I give you a kiss?"
My romeo.
These pictures are from October 2005.
 

In 2006, we decided to take our relationship to the next level.
I bought D an xbox360 and he got me the cutest puppy in the entire world, Monster.

We also got our first "promise rings."


D moved to Orlando, FL in 2008 to get out of our crappy small town
 (he got sick of hanging out at the mall every Friday night like cool kids.)
We didnt speak for a few months but on New Years Eve I made my first drunken phone call,
and guess who I called?

He started coming down to visit me whenever he could and I would drive up to see him as well.
This was not enough so in 2009, I packed my bags and moved to Orlando, the greatest place on earth....besides Hogwarts...and NYC


I learned alot after I moved to Orlando.
I couldnt boil a pot of water before we moved there.
D likes to tell everyone about this. I dont.
I got good at surprises though!
After a long day of work, D came home to find all his friends from back home and some new friends waiting on our couch!

We celebrated our 4 year anniversary

And our 5 year anniversary

And our 6 year anniversary
...IN NEW YORK...the greatest place on earth...seriously.

In 2011, we were one of the first people to get into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
We went everyday for two weeks before it opened and one day before the official opening...we got in!!!!

We also got to go to Star Wars weekend!!

On December 24, 2010 D proposed :) :) :)
I like this day...alot :)
As I walk up to the apartment, I notice hubby's car is gone and there is a note on the door...not just any note...A CLUE. This was the first clue in my upcoming 2 hour scavenger hunt around town. Every clue rhymed and made me nervously laugh because I honestly had no idea what would be waiting for me at the end.
Read about all the clues HERE because it was the cutest proposal ever.
He got good at surprises too.
As I headed to the  Christmas tree for the last clue there was a new stocking ornament and I picked it up and felt nothing inside so of course, I throw it on the table. The ring falls out onto the floor and I scream YES!!!! Hubby never even had a chance, did he? And like any good wife who ruins surprises, a few days later I proceeded to ask why he never got on one knee and confessed his undying love to me. :)

One week later on 1/1/11 (im obsessed with 11:11 aka 'ladder time' in our house)
we had a super quick 'marriage' because D was planning on joining the Army and we were together for 7 years so what the HECK were we waiting for hubby?!?

We will have a small wedding someday when we are at our first station
but for now we are both perfectly content because we are MARRIED :)
wooo hoooo!
In September 2011, and after 7 years of me being totally against it,
I finally agreed to let hubby follow his dreams and D left for Army bootcamp.

This is where my blog name comes in!
A lot of people get it but if you dont, the military uses a phonetic alphabet so each letter is a word.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is WTF in the Army alphabet.
WTF is my attitude most days, adjusting to the military lifestyle.

But anyway!
I moved back home to live with my mom while he is gone.

Here is my amazing soldier, kicking butt at Basic Training and looking super hot in the meantime :) 
After months of seperation I finally got to see him graduate!
He even got an award! That small group in the middle got honors and they were just a few out of hundreds of soldiers! Here is hubby in the front row:)

Right after graduation, hubby went right back for training and although we were apart for almost 9 months,
we got to Skype everynight :)


After months of waiting to hear where our first duty station would be, I got this text at 11:11am!


And here we are now, living in Germany...nuts right?! It always feels too crazy to be true!



And expecting our first baby in a couple weeks on July 4th!!

I selected this post to be featured on www.militaryblogs.org.
Please visit the site and vote for my blog!
35 36 37 38